Registered Clinical Counsellor
I believe that we are wired for connection, to the deepest part of ourselves and to others. We all long to be seen and heard, yet it is often those closest to us that hurt us the deepest. Naturally, we develop ways to keep ourselves safe from the potential hurt that can come with true connection. Part of journeying back to healthy connection often requires us to be with our painful stories long enough to look around and be open to learning its messages. My passion is to join with others on their journey by providing a safe place to experience difficult emotions and to find a healthier way forward.
Looking through the lenses of Attachment Theory, Emotion Focused , and developmental theories, I come alongside my clients with an ability to use creativity to approach areas of desired change and stuckness. On my own journey I have experienced true peace and acceptance by others and hope to extend the same to you.
Nancy runs group counselling covering a variety of topics including: anxiety, young & middle years, parenting, neuroscience, development, and emotional focused coaching.
Nancy is trained in Marriage and Family Therapy and is registered with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (RCC). Her Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy uniquely equips her to join with individuals, families and couples in utilizing the attachment and systemic lenses that are essential in understanding the larger picture. Nancy has worked as a Children’s Counsellor with Children who witness abuse, with non-profits, the Ministry of Children and Families and group homes deepening her understanding of what leads to health and healing.
- EMDR Certified
- EMDR Play Therapy certificate – Play Therapy Association
- Neuroscience and Satir in the Sand Tray, Level 1 – Madeleine DeLittle RTC, MTC, RCS, PhD
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Externship – VCFI
- Emotionally Focused Family Therapy (EFFT) & Additional Supervision
- Recognizing and Responding to Suicide Risk Training RRSR
- Child Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT) – Columbia Play Therapy Association
- Using Play Therapy In working with Children & Adolescents
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) – CYMH
- Transformational Systemic Therapy Level 1 – SIP
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Anxiety
- When Love Hurts, Domestic Violence Basics
- Hospice Grief Training